Importing and exporting goods involve various legal and regulatory requirements that must be met by the parties involved. One such requirement is the Importer of Record (IOR) or Exporter of Record (EOR), which is the party responsible for ensuring the imported or exported goods comply with the customs and legal requirements of the country to which the goods are being sent to/from.
Essentially an IOR is a legal entity which goes on record and claims responsibility for the goods being imported into the country, stating that they meet all the requirements and regulations. On the other hand, an EOR is responsible for ensuring exported goods comply with the regulations of the country they are being sent from.
In the logistics industry, having an IOR/EOR in a given country is crucial to facilitating trade. When a company has an established partner or service provider who can offer IOR/EOR services in a country, it unlocks the possibility for the company to trade within its borders. However, before the trade can commence, it’s essential to ensure that necessary due diligence, compliance measures, and regulations are met and in place with the IOR/EOR to avoid legal or regulatory issues and ensure efficient, accurate, and simplified shipment processing.
At Unilog, our Global Trade Solutions team provides IOR/EOR services to our clients, specializing in Trade Consulting, Solution Advisory, and Implementing Compliance procedures. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and ability to deliver tailored solutions to every scenario and client.
Minimizing the Pipeline of Information and Services
In the area of IOR/EOR, we’re continuously expanding our global reach by establishing new partnerships, IOR’s/EOR’s, and compliance services in new countries to solidify a strong platform for our clients to trade on. Additionally, we’re always following changes in local and global markets to ensure compliance and regulations are upkept or adjusted according to new requirements
Importance of IOR/EOR Services
- An IOR/EOR ensures that the goods being imported/exported meet all the necessary regulations.
- Having an IOR/EOR in each country is crucial for facilitating trade and doing business there.
- IOR/EOR services are necessary to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and simplified shipment processing
Specialization and Focus: Unilog’s Global Trade Solutions
- At Unilog, our Global Trade Solutions team provides specialized IOR/EOR services, particularly in Trade Consulting, Solution Advisory, and Implementing Compliance procedures
- Solutions designed for every client/scenario to offer our clients the best possible services.
What Sets Us Apart from Competitors
- direct solution with the legal entity
- Always following and updating changes in compliance and regulations globally
- Continuously expanding our services into new countries and markets
Having a reliable IOR/EOR service provider is crucial for any company looking to import or export goods into countries they have no registered entity at. Unilog takes pride in our specialization, focus, and flexibility to adapt to the market’s changing needs. We strive to offer our clients the best possible service with our IOR/EOR services, and we’re always looking for ways to improve and meet our client’s needs.